Stress is the necessary and an inevitable part of our life, the right amount of stress heightens and motivates our individual response to meet any challenge. But this is not about the stress we are going to discuss in this article. Instead, we want to discuss about the stress that is generated when we overreach our capacity to cope with the situation at hand, usually resulting in a level of performance”.
Stress management begins with recognizing the sources of stress in your life. This is not as easy as it sounds. The true origins of stress are not always exact and it is all too easy to overlook your own stress-inducing feelings, behaviors and thoughts. You may know that you are constantly worried about the work deadlines. But it may be your procrastination, rather than the actual job demands, that leads to deadline stress.
Generally, there are three categories of stress:
1. Physical Stress: It can be generated when the situations associated with the environment, such as humidity extremes, vibrations, lack of oxygen, noise, and temperature are not according to our expectation or previous experience or are outside. But almost in all cases the presence of such conditions generates stress.
2. Physiological Stress: It is generated when our physical conditions like sleep loss, fatigue, illness, lack of physical fitness and missed meals (leading to low blood sugar levels) affect our capability to cope. Note that all these physical conditions are within our ability to control.
3. Psychological Stress: It concerns, emotional or social factors, such as a marriage or divorce, a car accident, a sick child, a death in the family, change at work or an argument with a spouse. Such type of stress may also be related to mental pressure, such as making decisions or analyzing a complex problem sooner than we would like.
“It is not how much stress we face. But instead how we handle such stress that dictates its effect on us. Though, too much stress or stress over a long time causes our inability to cope effectively, leads to diminished ability. This continues stress can have unused health issues, when then produces additional stress in our lives. It is a never-ending cycle, unless we come to grips with it”.
To identify true sources of stress, look closely at your attitude, excuses and habits:
- Do you describe away stress as temporary even though you can’t remember the last time you took a breather?
- Do you define stress as an integral part of your work or home life or as a part of your personality?
- Do you blame your stress on other people or outside events or view it as entirely unexceptional and normal?
Until you accept responsibility for the role you play in maintaining or creating it, your stress level remains out of your control.
When we make an effort to identify stress, we are already managing that stress. By practicing activities by reducing stress, we are able to maintain our capability to cope with the stress that comes into our lives. When we already have a predesigned plan for handling stress, we’ll discover that our level of performance improves.
Nоw scroll up again, previewing every line and рауіng ѕресіаl attention to thоѕе things уоu саn dо to identify stressors. Thеn tаkе ѕtерѕ at work and at hоmе tо manage the ѕtrеѕѕ thаt has a negative іmрасt on уоur performance; еvеn lіttlе suggestions wіll help. Nоt оnlу уоur performance іmрrоvе, but you wіll fееl like a nеw реrѕоn.